Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:




Bossypants

By Tina Fey
Publication date: April 2011

Before Liz Lemon, before "Weekend Update," before "Sarah Palin" — Tina Fey was just a young girl with a dream: a recurring stress dream that she was being chased through a local airport by her middle school gym teacher. She also had a dream that one day she would be a comedian on TV.

She has seen both these dreams come true.

At last, Tina Fey's story can be told. From her youthful days as a vicious nerd to her tour of duty on Saturday Night Live; from her passionately half-hearted pursuit of physical beauty to her life as a mother eating things off the floor; from her one-sided college romance to her nearly fatal honeymoon — from the beginning of this paragraph to this final sentence.

Tina Fey reveals all, and proves what we've all suspected: you're no one until someone calls you bossy.

21 comments:

  1. Oh, I bet this will be hilarious! Love her...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This should be a great read!!

    Our WOW pick is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Okay, I thought my eyes were buggin' out there, when I first saw her arms. Then I saw her name, and wasn't worried. :) Great eye-catcher. This will definitely be an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cover is hilarious so I can only imagine how the actual book will be. Great pick. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty excited for this book too. Tina Fey is hilarious and I think the book will be just like her!

    Chelsea @ Rand0m Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. hhahaha love the cover!!

    thanks for stopping by!

    Katie @ Novel Society

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tina Fey is just hilarious. I'll be this is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha, wow. Tina Fey. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I didn't know she was coming out with a book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! :) Love the cover & she's so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for stopping by and saying Hi!

    Megan Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not usually a fan of memoirs but this one sounds funny.

    Our WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is new for me. I have never hear about the book or the author. Hope you'll enjoy it when it's in your hand

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks great! Love Tina Fey! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hilarious cover! I love her..shes amazing! thanx for dropping by my blog and Happy Reading!

    Rabiah @ Confessions of a Readaholic

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tina Fey is awesome. Hopefully the book is just as awesome as she is herself. Great pick this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol, this cover is so funny. Looks like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jill- Love her too!

    Book Sake- yes, it should be.

    Penelpoe Lolohea- The arms were something else, a real eye catcher.

    Stephanie- Thanks! you too.

    Chelsmac 91- the book should be just like her,I agree.

    Katie- The cover is great!

    Little Miss Becky-The cover cracks me up.

    Carolsnotebook- Yes she is and it should be very good.

    The Vintage Bookworm- The book is a good surprise.

    Aleksandra- She's a riot.

    BLH Mistress- It should be great.

    Chelsey- Thanks! I'm sure it will be.

    Leslie, Megan Marie, Aleetha, I luv reading too much, Nomareader,- thanks! for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by my blog! This looks like a hilarious book. I totally put it in my to-read pile on goodreads.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Celesta- so glad you did, thanks! for coming by.

    ReplyDelete