Thursday, February 10, 2011

Booking Through Thursday



There’s something wonderful about getting in on the ground floor of an author’s career–about being one of the first people to read and admire them, before they became famous best-sellers.

Which authors have you been lucky enough to discover at the very beginning of their careers?

And, if you’ve never had that chance, which author do you WISH you’d been able to discover at the very beginning?

***

In terms of authors published by major publishing houses, I think by just that fact alone they have "made it" even if they aren't best sellers. Usually by the time I get around to discovering a new author, their book is already being made into a movie so I'm not that tuned into the up and comers.

I like to think I've discovered the work of our own group of Tribute Books' authors. We're proud of all of them.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment!

    Personally, I am hoping that I discover a few more up-and-coming authors in the next few years now that I am paying more attention to the publishing world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also don't usually know much about new authors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ddubs- thanks for commenting.

    Mervih- thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much with this fantastic new web site. I’m very fired up to show it to anyone. It makes me so satisfied your vast understanding and wisdom have a new channel for trying into the world. Taruhan Bola

    ReplyDelete