Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Wondrous Words Wednesday

Wondrous Words Wednesday

These are words I thought would be interesting from the book, The Sparrow Sisters by Ellen Herrick.

Eiderdown- A quilt filled with down (originally from the female eider duck) or some other soft material.

Foxtails- are grasses and seed awns that are extremely dangerous to dogs, the awns are barbed razor sharp needles designed to burrow into the ground with the seed.

Awns- are stiff bristles, especially one of those growing from the ear or flower of barley, rye, and many grasses.

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know what awns were, or that foxtails are extremely dangerous to dogs. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very interesting , I have a dog and have to keep this in mind.

      Delete
  2. I might have stepped through or on that razor sharp grass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that foxtails are dangerous to dogs. Of course, I didn't really know what they are. Great words!

    ReplyDelete