Thursday, August 6, 2015

Orphan #8 by Kim Alkemade Post

Orphan #8 by Kim Van Alkemade       Post

The year is 1919 and Rachel Rabinowitz is left an orphan along with her brother and taken to The Hebrew Infant Home and Orphanage in New York. Her life becomes incredibly changed there, but her will to come together again with the family she has left is strong.
As the years go by, her brother wants a life of his own and is separated from her and leaves.
She loses her hair through experimental x-rays and greater health issues befall her later on.
It's truly a remarkable story inspired by true events.

5 comments:

  1. I read this a while ago. Incredibly sad but a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not much time to visit many websites. But today I found this site accidently. I explored much information which is useful to my life. Thanks! Golf Swing Tips

    ReplyDelete