Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday

My teaser today comes from the book:  Past Crimes by Glen Erik Hamilton

   When his estranged grandfather is shot and left for dead, an Army Ranger must plunge into the criminal underworld of his youth to find a murderer and uncover a shocking family secret in this atmospheric and evocative debut thriller.

pg. 61

As we walked past other rooms, I saw some of the same visitors still here from the day before. There were a lot of round-the-clock vigils in Trauma.

10 comments:

  1. A shocking family secret? You've snagged my attention! I do hope the characters find resolve though; great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very good, Mary Ann! The mystery, and having to go and poke in someone's past is always interesting to me in stories. I hope you've enjoyed the rest of this, too.
    Happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary Ann,

    I know exactly what the protagonist in your excerpt is witnessing, having been in the all night vigil position myself. To be honest, the lack of sleep and the fact that you may be in the same clothes, doesn't enter your mind at the time, although I am certain that others around, probably notice that you haven't showered recently.

    Thanks for sharing your lines and enjoy your week,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete