Friday, September 5, 2014

GI Brides by Duncan Barrett & Nuala Calvin Review-Post

GI Brides   by  Duncan Barrett & Nuala Calvin     Review- Post


     This is the story of four British war brides named Sylvia, Rae, Margaret, and Gwendolyn.They met their future husbands in the UK during World War 11. They couldn't wait to start their new lives with these American soldiers in the US. At this very young age it was difficult leaving their families to start a new life in new surroundings not knowing what hardships they would be facing.
     These are true stories of four brave women and what they had to cope with and endure.
I truly was glued to this book and couldn't put it down.

6 comments:

  1. One of my mom's best friends was a GI Bride so I'd be interested to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will enjoy it, very enlightening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is on my radar. I can only imagine how difficult it was to start married life in a new country, etc. Sounds like a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LOVE this book.

    I actually didn't know it was about British women marrying Americans.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete