Monday, June 16, 2014

Nora Webster by Colm Toibin ARC review

Nora Webster by Colm Toibin

I received this book at a Book Expo America in New York City at a meet the author's breakfast.

This is the story of Nora Webster, a forty-year-old widow with four children, set in Wexford, Ireland. She faces the challenges of life in a place where nothing is sacred or private.

I admire her strength and fortitude as she struggles to find something that she could cling to for herself alone. At last she finds it in the art of music, particularly singing. Nora is proved to be strong-willed and of good character. I found it to be a very hopeful story, in a time of struggle.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much with this fantastic new web site. I’m very fired up to show it to anyone. It makes me so satisfied your vast understanding and wisdom have a new channel for trying into the world. Liga Italia

    ReplyDelete