Monday, May 5, 2014

The Last Refuge by Craig Robertson Review- Post

The Last Refuge   by  Craig Robertson      Review- Post

  I was blown into the Faroe Islands on the June wind as I watched the wings of the the plane flutter. Picked up by a squall that dumped me on the first bit of dry land that held fast between the sea and the sky.

My Thoughts:

     This is a story of John Callum, a man haunted by an experience in his life that was truly a nightmare to him. He is hiding away on this out of the way place in the Faroe Islands, finding a job on a fish farm. He gets involved with people on this Island, who further complicate his life by accusing him of a murder.
     As I got into the story of John Callum, I found it to be a page-turning interesting book
, as I read on and on to find out who really committed the murder. The journey proved to be an insight into these somewhat desolate islands. A remarkable and intriguing read.


1 comment: