Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Widow's Walk by Robert Barclay Review- Post

The Widow's Walk    by  Robert Barclay     Review-Post

Her name is Constance Elizabeth Canfield and she tells him that Seaside has been her home for over 150 years. But Constance  is no ghost; rather, she claims that she has been somehow magically trapped between this life and the next.

My Thoughts:
This is a truly a romantic and haunting story of love between an ethereal woman and a flesh and blood man. I couldn't believe how it would survive and go on with such unusual circumstances such as these. But as the story progressed they found a way and the answers were very unusual.
If you like to be intrigued from page to page give this a try, I 'm sure you won't be disappointed.



6 comments:

  1. I won a copy of this one from Goodreads last month, and am looking forward to receiving it. Mine: The Perfect Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really interesting - thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary Ann,

    I saw this book on a few sites and couldn't make my mind up whether it was a story I would enjoy, or not. I took a little more time to check it out thoroughly and despite the mixed and slightly luke-warm reviews, it definitely seems to have real potential.

    You obviously enjoyed it, so it has now made its way to my TBR list.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get my head around the two ideas of a flesh and blood man and an ethereal woman but I will take your word for it that it has to be an unusual book.

    ReplyDelete