Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday

Waiting On Wednesday

My "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:      The Last Original Wife   By Dorothea Benton Frank

Rel. date: 6-11-13        Pub. Wm Morrow

Leslie Anne Greene Carter is the last original wife among her husband's group of cronies. They've all traded in for younger...blonder...more enhanced models. But she is proud of her status and the longevity of her marriage.Or at least she thinks so until one day, when out golfing with her husband and his friends, she falls into a manhole, and nobody realizes that she is gone.

7 comments:

  1. I love the title. It's a different genre than I usually read. I hope enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great new novel from a fantastic author. I met Dorothea at Book Expo America either last year or the year before and she was lovely.

    Here's my WoW: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday-guilty-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow, that's quite a twist! At first I thought it wasn't my kind of book- but the manhole hooked me. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds great! I love Frank's work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth- Thanks!

    Aman- It is an interesting title.

    Catherine- I'm looking forward to reading it.

    SQT- Thanks! for commenting.

    Bermudaonion- I never read anything by this author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that sounds interesting!

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete