Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday

Waiting On Wednesday

My "can't wait to read" pre-publication selection is:

                                                  The House Girl
                                            By Tara Conklin      384 pages
                                             Rel.Date: 2-12-13    publisher: Wm. Morrow

Virginia, 1852, seventeen year old Josephine Bell decides to run from the failing tobacco farm where she s a slave and nurse to her ailing mistress, the aspiring artist Lu Anne Bell. New York City 2004, Lina Sparrow, an ambitious first year associate in an elite law firm, is given a difficult, highly sensitive assignment that could make her career: she must find the "perfect plaintiff" to lead a historic class-action lawsuit worth trillions of dollars in reparations for descendants of American slaves. Lina finds herself questioning her own family history and the secrets that her father has never revealed.

14 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this one, so thanks for sharing and visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An intriguing pick! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. Sounds like something my book club would like. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds interesting! The cover is really pretty too. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! This sounds really interesting and I really like the cover! Hope you enjoy! :)

    Thanks for visiting my post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice! It does sound interesting.
    Thanks for stopping by! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pick! I haven't heard of this one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is new to me, but it sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pick! Looks like a very thoughtful story. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh-I love when historical and contemporary settings mesh in a novel. This one sounds like it could be very intense.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds very intriguing. I like that it follows two different time periods and allows them to collide. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Andrea, Assel Naji, Cheles Bells, SQT, Winterhaven- Jennifer- You too!

    Bermudaonion, Sarabara, Jennifer- It sounds really good.

    Traci, Megan- Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a really interesting read, and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete