Monday, November 12, 2012

Mailbox Monday

Mailbox Monday

No physical books in my mailbox this week:

Reading: received for review The Prodigal Son by Colleen McCollough

A very rare and lethal toxin, extracted from the blowfish, is stolen from a lab at Chubb University. It kills within minutes and leaves no trace behind. Dr. Jim, a black man married to a white woman, has faced scandals and prejudice most of his life, so what causes him to risk it all now? Is he being framed for murder?
What did you receive this week?

11 comments:

  1. Sounds good! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds very different than Colleen McCullough's usual books. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to a bursting mailbox this week! Vera @LuxuryReading.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not familiar with Colleen McCullough but the book sounds intriguing. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary Ann,

    Isn't it funny how we typecast authors in the same way as we do actors. I only ever really remember Colleen McCullough as the author of The Thorn Birds and of course the hugely memorable television adaptation of the same name which was a spin-off from it.

    I was surprised when I checked her out, just how many books she has written over the years and wonder exactly what I have been missing out on.

    This is a definite place to start my reacquaintance with Colleen, so I have added 'The Prodigal Son' to my reading list and thank you so much for bringing her work to my attention.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your book and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a suspenseful read. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laurel-Rain Snow- Glad you came by.

    Kristen, Readingdate, Diana, Laura- Thanks!

    Vera- Enjoy!

    Leslie- You too!

    Fiction-books- Hope you enjoy it!

    Vicki- I think so.

    ReplyDelete