Monday, November 5, 2012

Fever by Mary Beth Keane Review-Post

Fever   by Mary Beth Keane       Review- Post


Summary:
Mary Mallon, an Irish immigrant in New York at the turn of the twentieth century, has battled fiercely to better her lot in life. She works her way up the ranks to cook for the wealthiest families in Manhattan, but leaves a trail of death and disease in her wake.When she is accused of spreading typhoid and imprisoned in complete isolation on an island off Manhattan, despite being perfectly healthy herself, she refuses to understand her paradoxical situation. Condemned by press and public alike, she is branded a murderer, but continues to fight for her freedom.

My Thoughts:
I loved this book, I found it to be a page turning captivating story of a woman who couldn't control her fate after being branded as a disease carrier and murderer, through no fault of her own. A brave woman who tried to live her life in spite of all that befell her. It is a compelling read that piques your interest throughout.

6 comments:

  1. Typhoid Mary is endlessly fascinating to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I bet that was a real page turner!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOKS really good. ENJOY!!

    THANKS for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/11/mailbox-monday-1152012.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your review has intrigued me. Will look for this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen- She's a good character.

    Bermudaonion- It was!

    Elizabeth- Thank-you.

    Laura- A very good read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this one sounds terrific. I'd always heard about "Typhoid Mary" but I never realized she was a real person. I need to find a copy of this one!
    2 Kids and Tired Books

    ReplyDelete