Monday, October 22, 2012

The Kingmaker's Daughter By Phillippa Gregory Review-Post

The Kingmaker's Daughter   By Phllippa Gregory   Review- Post

This is the story of Anne Neville daughter of the most powerful 15th Century magnate the Earl of Warwick, who was called the "Kingmaker."
Anne grows up in the court of Edward the IV. She is married and widowed at the tender age of 14, she faces the world alone but soon finds herself married to the young Duke of Gloucester. her trials and tribulations to get to the throne, finds herself protecting herself and her only son from everyone surrounding her.
I found her to be a courageous and brave as she has to deal even her husband's ambitions. Truly , a very intriguing and captivating story of this young girl during those trying times. A great Phillippa Gregory novel, I enjoyed reading it.

3 comments:

  1. I think you mean Edward IV, there haven't been that many Edwards ;)
    Definitely going to have to read this one, along with a lot of other historical fiction... have a real hankering for it at the moment.
    Glad you enjoyed it! =)
    Rinn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gregory is very popular with a lot of my friends. I need to try her work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rinn- I did mean Edward 1V, thanks! Hope that you get to read it.

    Bermudaonion- I think you would like her.

    ReplyDelete