Thursday, October 25, 2012

Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday

Q:  Are there any good books that you read in spite of the cover and ended up wondering what on earth the artist and publisher were thinking to pair up a cover that so badly represented a perfectly good book? and...if you didn't like the cover, what made you pick up the book? the author? assigned reading from school? a recommendation from a friend?

The first thing that catches your eye is the cover of the book, but I've read many books that didn't have good covers but were recommendations and found the story to be the main reason I was reading it.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, good cover or not, I'm likely to read a book by a favorite author or one that comes highly recommended.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much fr stopping by! here is my answer

    www.thewritersmind-gigi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree: I tend to read books based on recommendations or from authors I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My answer would be the same as yours. Publishers really do need to pay attention to their covers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurel-Rain Snow- I agree with that.

    GIGI- you too!

    Mervih- Me too!

    Bermudaonion- They have to attract you with the cover first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I won't flat out refuse to read a book because of its cover but when it truly is awful I will choose which medium to purchase it in. Rarely will a badly covered book be purchased in print, instead I'll opt for E-Book in the hopes that someday the Author will update.

    My BTT

    ReplyDelete