Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:




The Color of Snow
by Brenda Stanley
Publication Date: June 1, 2012

When a beautiful 16-year-old girl named Sophie is found sequestered in a cage-like room in a rundown house in the desolate hills of Arbon Valley, Idaho, the entire community is shocked to learn she is the legendary Callidora--a baby girl who was kidnapped from her crib almost seventeen years ago and canonized in missing posters with portraits of what the fabled girl might resemble. Authorities soon learn that the cage was there to protect people from Sophie, because her biological father believes she is cursed.

Sophie is discovered after the man she knows as Papa, shoots and injures Damien, a young man who is trying to rescue her. Now, unsocialized and thrust into the world, and into a family she has never met, Sophie must decide whether she should accept her Papa’s claims that she is cursed and he was only trying to protect others, or trust the new people in her life who have their own agendas. Guided by a wise cousin, Sophie realizes that her most heartbreaking challenge is to decide if her love for Damien will destroy him like her Papa claims, or free her from past demons that haunt her mind.

Click here to add The Color of Snow to your Goodreads to-read list.



17 comments:

  1. Oh, I haven't heard of this one. Definitely one to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice for this week. It does sound interesting and I will have to check it out!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    My WoW: http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2011

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time hearing about this one but I like the sound of it from the summary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like something I would really like!!! I love kidnapping books and then throw in a curse!!! Kept in a cage because she might be cursed but she falls in love with her rescuer. I'm adding it to my TBR list. Thanks for stopping by My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that has got one heck of a premise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm. Sounds interesting. I haven't heard of this one before.

    Thanks for stopping by,
    @ Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pick! I haven't heard of this one before.This seems like such an emotional read.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This one sounds great! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh lovely! absolutely lovely!
    The title is really intriguing and the premise makes it seem like readers are in for quite a reading experience.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Janus @ The Blair Book Project

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! I hadn't heard of this one before but it does sound very interesting! I really like the idea behind it. :) I'll be adding it to my TBR pile!

    Stephanie
    My latest post: From the Review Pile (1)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bermudaonion, JennyN, Sarah- Thanks!

    AQT- you might like it.

    Dani- Hope that you do.

    JenniferM- Thanks! for your comment.

    Felicia, Andrea- yes, it does.

    Sophia- your welcome!

    Janus- Yes, they are.

    Stepping out of the page- That's great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely cover and summary sounds interesting. Great pick. :)

    Thanks for dropping by my blog. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like a riveting read. Thanks for the introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this one does sound like a good page-turner! I cannot even imagine having to grow up like that and then being put into the world without any real guidance - sounds like an emotional read.
    Great pick, thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pick! I havent heard of it before but it sounds really interesting. Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool cover Mary!! Hope it's great!:)

    Thanks for visiting my wow. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete