Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday

Waiting On Wednesday

Today's pre-publication "can't-wait- to-read "selection is:

Being Laura   by Lola Jaye 
Published by: Wm. Morrow (paperback)
Release Date: 3-13-12

A poignant and provocative story of adoption, self discovery, and the meaning of family.  It's an unforgettable tale of three women- British mother, Nigerian birth mother, and 30 yr. old daughter- the choices they made, and the fragile bond they try to create across time and continents.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mary Ann,

    Lola Jaye certainly isn't giving anything away about this book, before publication.

    I trouble finding a decent synopsis anywhere, but I definitely want to read this one, it sounds fantastic and is certainly going to stir the emotions I should think.

    I love the cover art as well, forthright and simple.

    Thanks for bringing both book and author to my attention.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an adopted child myself, books like this always catch my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very interesting! Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my post!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a short summery! Doesn't really sound like my type of read though.

    Thanks for stopping by,

    Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fiction-books- You're welcome.

      SQT,Traci, Felicia- Thanks! for commenting.

      Bermudaonion- It does.

      Delete