Friday, March 9, 2012

Feature & Follow

Feature & Follow

Q:  Have you ever looked at book's cover and thought, this is going to be horrible? but, was instead pleasantly surprised? Show us the cover and tell us about the book.

For me again, it was the Hunger Games, when I saw the cover, I definitely thought this was not for me. I got really interested and read the whole series and now anxiously awaiting the movie, which soon will be coming out.

The story is set in the future where the heroine, Katniss has to fight to the death on live television.The Capitol selects a boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts and she volunteers. It's a captivating journey.

9 comments:

  1. Hmm, interesting to know, I actually love this cover, like LOVE it but I can see how some might say that its not for them based on its looks. Thanks for sharing your opinion and I'm glad to hear you a fan now :D Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me far to long to pick up the Hunger Games series (like only last summer), and part of that was because of the cover. It didn't do anything for me. That and the premise. I love being surprised though, and to say I LOVED that series is an understatement. Absolutely can't wait for the movie in a few weeks!

    Thanks for stopping by! Otherwhere.co

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hunger Games' covers really look awful, when the content is the exact opposite. *le sigh*

    Great pick! :)

    Patricia // My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the Hunger Games cover but I see where you are coming from!

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this on picked a few times now, I really like the cover, however I can see why people wouldn't. Great choice :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, hopping by to return the follow

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, the Hunger Games cover is a bit boring. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Jennifer @ Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, yes! The Hunger Games - a frightfully boring cover :)

    Thanks for stopping by the blog! Old follower here!

    Jamie@Addicted2Heroines

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this series but it did take me awhile to pick the books up. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LuLu, Jennifer L, jamie- You too!

      Jessi- Me also!

      Patricia- You're right.

      Sarah, Jenni, Reading- Glad that you stopped.

      Delete