Monday, February 20, 2012

The Rebel Wife by Taylor M. Polites Post - Review


The Rebel Wife by Taylor M. Polites Post - review

Augusta Bransen was born during the time of prosperity and wealth. Now after the Civil War and the death of her husband , due to a horrible blood disease, she has to survive in the violent world of Reconstruction. She finds herself alone in the world and unprotected and wondering who she could trust. All around her is prejudice and violence.She thought her inheritance was there for her and her son but now believes it is gone. She must find the truth and courage to go on among all all the hatred. It is an intriguing story of a young heroine filled with suspense.

6 comments:

  1. Gus was a little irritating, but I really rooted for her when she found her strength!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this might be a good one for me, I often wonder what widows in those days had to deal with. Aren't we glad that our lives don't necessarily revolve around be a wife anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The plight of widows was bleak everywhere in the world. Thank God for present times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard good things about this book so I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bermudaonion- I did too!

      Melissa- Glad that you stopped by.

      Irene, Mystica- Very true.

      Mary- Yhanks!

      Delete