Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday


Waiting On Wednesday

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to -read" selection is:

The Virgin Cure (hardcover) by Ami McKay, Harper Collins publisher

Release Date: 2-15-12

I am Moth, a girl from the lowest part of Christie St., born to a slum-house mystic and the man who broke her heart.So begins The Virgin Cure, a novel set in the tenements of lower Manhattan in 1871.As a young child, Moth's father smiled, tipped his hat and walked away from her forever.The summer she turned 12, her mother sold her as a servant to a wealthy woman, with no intention of seeing her again.

11 comments:

  1. great pick! enjoy when you get to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really interesting. Great pick! I hope you enjoy it!

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover for this one - It sounds awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen this one. It looks really good, thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW this week. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ow, that sounds sad! poor Moth! ):
    the cover is lovely!

    thanks for visiting my blog (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much potential in such a little blurb! I'm a fan of historical fiction too, this looks like it could really be great. Add me to the list of people who love the cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not really a historical novel fan, but I like the cover though.

    Thanks for stopping by,

    Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it already out? I bought it on my Kobo last month! Can't wait to read it tho.. it does look really good!

    Michele | WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. First time I've seen this. Hope you get a chance to read it soon.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashelynn Hetland, Petra, Traci, Erica, Jen, Melanie-- Thanks! for stopping by.

      BarbaraW, Just A Lil Lost- Thanks! for commenting.

      Felicia- It is a nice cover.

      Delete
  10. Hi, there! Thanks for icommenting on yours... Sometimes I simply run out of time...

    This book is sure to be a poignant read, but also a very rewarding one! I'm really intrigued! Thanks for featuring it!

    Hope you have a WONDERFUL week!! : )

    Maria @ http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete