Monday, January 16, 2012

The Time In Between by Maria Duenas - Review -Post


The Time In Between by Maria Duenas Review- Post

This is a story of a girl Sira Quiroga ,who at the age of 12 sweeps floors to help her mother who works as a seamstress. By the age of 20 she has learned the ropes and is engaged as a modest government clerk. Her life is full of struggle and with the Civil War brewing in Madrid she goes to her one occupation that can save her, she can create beautiful clothes. She gets involved through her work in the world of espionage and political conspiracy to make this story filled with intrigue right down to the last page. It is an exciting read and not disappointing. It is a long book that you won't regret reading.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. I'll have to look it up the next time I was an espionage type book. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is on my Pinterest board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that this one is so good since I have it on my shelf! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure I've ever read a book set during the Spanish Civil War. This sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Reading Penquin- Thanks!

      RAnn- It's a good story.

      Alyce-It's long but interesting.

      Bermudaonion- You might like it.

      Delete