Monday, January 16, 2012

Downton Abbey - Masterpiece Theater


Downton Abbey - Masterpiece Theater

On last night's show, Downton Abbey becomes a convalescent home for recuperating soldiers. The house becomes very busy preparing for the change and many changes the occupants have to to make, which means giving up a lot of their personal space. Surprisingly, Edith seems to be a great help with the injured soldiers and is commended by a visiting General. Thomas becomes the house manager and also becomes an acting sergeant. The Irish chauffeur of the house attempts to spill a nasty mess over the head of the visiting General at dinner but is caught just in time. Anna tracks down Bates after seeing him in the village. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. I keep forgetting to DVR this. It sounds like a great show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that Edith is finally getting some recognition. I feel kinda bad for her always being overshadowed by her sisters, but I don't feel too bad because I still haven't forgiven her for what she did to Mary. Next week's show looks like it's going to be good...I wish we didn't have to wait a whole week for it air :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't decide if I should love Edith or hate her. One minute she is kind and adoring and the next minute she is awful! I was glad to see Bates is back in the picture too! I am so hooked on this show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. childrenandteensbookconnection- It's a terrific show to watch.

      Melissa- I do too!, it's over so fast when you're enjoying it.

      Beth- Yes, Edith is trying to do good and Bates is a good character in the show.

      Delete