Thursday, December 1, 2011

Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday

" Do you find that your mood affects the things you read? Like, if you're in a bad mood, do you tend to indulge in reading that will support it or do you try to read things that will cheer you up? Do you pick different types of books on dreary rainy days than you do on bright sunny ones?
For that matter, does your mood color what you're reading, so that a funny book isn't so funny or a serious one not so deep?''

My answer is a simple one , I tend to stick to the same book that I am reading at the time, my mood or the weather has no influence on my reading.

11 comments:

  1. I wish I could say that, though to be honest it's rare I'll stop reading a book once I've started.

    My BTT post is here and I'm also holding a giveaway here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a better person than me than cause sometimes I just can't read because I'm not in the mood. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I can't just go and randomly pick up a genre because my mood is changed! We're women--aren't we like, prone to mood-swings?!

    :D Great answer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't change my book according to my mood unless my mood is influencing my opinion of a book that I am reviewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stick with the same book, but generally pick something lighter to read when I'm busy or a little down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admit, my mood does dictate what I read. But, if I'm depressed, I can't always concentrate on a book regardless of the genre.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was pretty much my answer, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never really noticed mood affecting my reading...
    Here’s my Booking Through Thursday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire- I definitely have to finish a book once I start it.

    Boriquoz- You Too!

    Sierra- Yes, we are.

    JLS Hall, FABR Steph- Thanks! for stopping.

    Bermudaonion- Good idea!

    Yvonne, Diaryofadomesticgoddess- Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    My mood totally influences what I read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'm with you on this one. As long as I am enjoying the book I am reading, I get lost in at and do not have a mood at all until I get back to the real world. :)

    ReplyDelete