Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday


Waiting On Wednesday

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

A Good Man (hardcover) 448 pages

Author: Guy Vanderhaeghe

Publisher: Atlantic Monthly Press

Rel.Date: 1-3-12

Wesley Case is a former soldier and son of a Canadian lumber Baron who sets out into the untamed borderlands between Canada and the U. S. to escape a dark secret from his past. He settles in Montana where he hopes to buy a cattle ranch,and where he begins to work a liason between the American and Canadian militaries in an effort to contain the Native American unresolved anger in the wake of the Civil War. He falls in love with the beautiful and recently widowed Ada Tarr. The romance inflames the jealousy of Ada's quiet and deeply disturbed admirer, Michael Dunne.

12 comments:

  1. I'm always happy to come across a book with a slice of Canadiana in it. Is the author Canadian too? I'll have to research this one a bit more... Thanks for sharing!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read a great book about a Canadian ranching family, love the whole ranching theme again. It sounds like it's got some great suspense and historical elements too - hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by. Great pick, this sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hm, this one sounds interesting. great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! A jealous, crazy man? Sounds good to me! Lol...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to read Vanderhaeghe for ages! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Canadians and Ranches? count me in! :D great pick!


    Thanks so much or stopping by!
    RJ @ RJ Does Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, do I sense a love triangle? Haha, great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read books about the Civil War, but never any about a liaison between the American and Canadian militaries. Sounds intriguing. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my first time seeing this! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carmel- Yes, he is Canadian.

    Barbara, Penelope Lolohea- Thanks!

    SQT- Yes, it sounds good to me.

    Traci, Ashelynn- Thanks! for stopping by.

    June G-Yes, it does to me to.

    Melissa, RJ Gonzales- Thanks! for commenting and stopping.

    Sophia- I think so.

    Rebecca- You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete