Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday


Waiting On Wednesday

This week's pre-publication selection is:

The House At Tyneford (paperback) 368 pgs.

by: Natasha Solomons

Publisher: Plume
Release Date: 12-27-11

It's the spring of 1938 and no longer safe to be a jew in Vienna. The 19 year old Elise Landau is forced to leave her glittering life of parties and champagne to become a parlor maid in England. She arrives at Tyneford, the great house on the bay where servants polish and serve drinks on the lawn. But war is coming and the world is changing. When the master of Tyneford's young son, Kit, returns home, he and Elise strike up unlikely frienfship that will transform Tyneford-and-Elise-forever.

11 comments:

  1. Ooh, I've read another book by her that I loved. This sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a good book! I love anything set during WWII. Haven't heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by. I haven't heard of this yet but it sounds interesting and I like the cover a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, not heard of this one before, but it looks pretty interesting! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this one sounds good! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, I love books set in the past! This sounds like such a sweet read, and I haven't heard of it before, so that's a plus! :)

    Awesome pick for your WOW this week! Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy historical fiction this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one looks great. I'm going to add it to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a book I would love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds interesting! I'm adding it to my Goodreads list. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bermudaonion- Can't wait to read.

    Kristen- I love that era too!

    Traci- Me too!

    Liz R, Melissa, Debbies World of Books- Thanks! for stopping.

    Laurel-Rain Snow- You too!

    Amused, Mimi- Glad you came by.

    Sarah- I do too!

    ReplyDelete