Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Hunger Games - By Suzanne Collins - Review


The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Review

I found this book to be more of an an adventure than I thought it would be.Katniss Everdeen, a sixteen year old girl who goes to participate in the annual Hunger Games in her younger sister's place, proves to be a true warrior having to fight maybe even to her own death.The nation of Panem, with 12 outlying districts is a place once known as North America. She is from the 12th. district, considered to be the lowest. She finds love during the fight to the death competition, as she teams up with Peeta, a boy from her district, who once gave her a loaf of bread when her family was starving.If she survives and is the last one standing , she will earn a better life, for her and her family.This drives her on when things get really bad and desperation sets in. It is an exciting book that I couldn't put down and I am looking forward to book two in this series.

8 comments:

  1. I agree. The Hunger Games was really a page turner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!! My mom just finished this trilogy because I recommended it t her =D she loved it! Im so gald there are other moms reading it ^__^

    great review =)

    I also wanted to invite you to my great international giveaway!! there are 12 different titles from where you can choose!

    http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com/2011/10/autumn-giveaway.html

    My WoW

    http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-pandemonium-by.html

    Take care and Happy reading! =D

    new follower ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hunger Games was such an awesome book. So glad you liked it. You should definitely like books 2 and 3.
    -Michael
    thebookshelfreview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely fast-paced. I was often reminded of it reading Maze Runner. EXCITING!!

    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hunger Games is a thriller of a book for children 10 years and over, but outside the limits for the timid which has been written by the author Suzanne Collins. I have read this book couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer/Book Den- I couldn't put it down.

    Natalia Belikov- I'm glad your mom enjoyed the triology.

    Michael- I can't wait to read them.

    Burgundy Ice- very exciting, you have a great day also.

    R4- I can see why, very good thriller.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is in my collection. Two days ago, i had started to read it and could not stop till. Suzanne Collins is really best author. Hope will get new edition as soon..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have played this game. I like this game too much . I play this game with my friends on weekends.In this game graphics is not very good but it is good.

    ReplyDelete