Monday, September 26, 2011

Mailbox Monday-


Mailbox Monday

This week in my mailbox I received:

Reamde by Neal Stephenson

In 1972, Richard Forthrast, the black sheep of an Iowa farming clan, fled to the mountains of British Columbia to avoid the draft. A skilled hunting guide, he eventually amassed a fortune by smuggling marijuna across the border between Canada and Ohio. As the years passed, he went straight and returned to the states after the U.S. government granted amnesty to draft dodgers.

13 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting! Hope it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful mailbox. Have a great reading week.

    Come look at my haul this week!!

    Here is my post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure this is my cup of tea, but I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like an interesting memoir. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Neal Stephenson, and I think the premise for this sounds great. I hope you post your comments on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Neal Stephenson's books! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book looks interesting, I hope you enjoy it! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. REAMDE sounds like a book to read, for sure.

    I'd love to have you blog hop along in my WoW 100 Weekly Words book hop as you read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anna, Ruthi, JennyQ- thanks! for stopping.

    gautami tripathy,DC Metroreader- you too!

    The Joy of Booking- Will do.

    Leslie, Apple Blossom, Tales of a book addict, Serena- Thanks! for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy..this is a new title to me!

    ReplyDelete