Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Jane Eyre-The film


Jane Eyre- The Film

I saw the 2011 adaption of the British romantic drama film of Jane Eyre the other day and liked it almost as much as the other ones. This one didn't start out at the very beginning and had flash back scenes throughout,It was a different way of presenting it. The darker side of the story was brought into it, making it much more than a period romance.The actress who played Jane was given a more played down appearance and Rochester had the spirit of the role. I enjoyed seeing a period piece again, but I wish they would do more of them , different ones.

4 comments:

  1. I really want to see this movie. The book is one of my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED this movie! Michael Fassbender was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GiGi Ann- I think you would enjoy it.

    Ev- He was really good in It.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to see this - as well of being a fan of the novel, I think Michael Fassbender's a great actor and would like to see his take on Rochester. I know what you mean about wishing for different period dramas, though - it always seems like the same stories are made over and over. I understand that Jane Eyre is most popular but Charlotte Bronte did write other novels; it would be nice to see a new version of Shirley or Vilette.

    ReplyDelete