Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday


Waiting On Wednesday

This week's waiting to read selection is:

The Forgotten Waltz (hardcover) 272 pages.

Author: Anne Enright

Publisher: W.W. Norton & Co.

Release Date: October 3, 2011

A haunting story of desire: A recollection of the bewildering speed of attraction, the irreparable slip into longing.
In Terenure, a pleasant suburb of Dublin, it has snowed. Gina Moynihan, girl about town, recalls the trail of lust and happenstance that brought her to fall for "the love of her life." Gina awaits the arrival of twelve year old Evie and the complication and gravity of this second life.


14 comments:

  1. I LIKE THE SOUND OF THIS, THANKS FOR SHARING.


    HERES MINE

    http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.com/2011/08/wow.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an interesting summary. Not something I normally would have picked for myself, but something I'll have to try now. Awesome. (:

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one before, but it looks interesting. Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by. This sounds like an interesting read, great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, Ireland. I'm in! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the sound of this one, even though I'm completely confused by the last line about a second life...lol...nonetheless, I'll be checking this one out. Thanks for passing it on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *sigh* why do we long for things we cannot have?

    Thank you for stopping by. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds super interesting, and possibly really sad. Thanks so much for stopping by my WoW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is mysterious. I hope it's a good read!

    Thanks for commenting at my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this one before, but I love the cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Satin Sue- You too!

    Traci, Kim- Thanks! for coming by.

    Susanne, Kristi- Glad you did too.

    Karen- I like books about Ireland, myself.

    June- Thanks! for commenting.

    Ayanami- I guess it's human nature.

    Dani- I agree.

    Sugarpeach- Oh! I do too.

    Erica- It pulls you in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one's on my list, too...great pick!

    ReplyDelete