Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday


Waiting On Wednesday

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

The Snow Child (hardcover) 400 pgs.

By Eowyn Ivey
Published by: Reagan Arthur Books

Alaska 1920: A brutal place to homestead, and especially tough for recent arrivals Jack and Mabel. Childless, they are drifting apart- he breaking under the weight of the work on the farm; she crumbling from loniless and despair. In a moment of levity during the season's first snowfall, they build a child of snow. The next morning the snow child is gone-but they glimpse a young, blonde-haired girl running through the trees.

10 comments:

  1. Oooh, this one sounds like a great story as well as familiar. Hopefully, it will be released soon. :) Thank you for sharing and for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. Good pick, The Snow Child sounds like a really interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. This sounds very interesting. I'll be interesting to read this to see how it all plays out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so intriguing. I love the cover too. This was a great choice. I'm adding it to my TBR list for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this sounds very intriguing. Curious if there's a supernatural element at play here or something else. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this sounds nice! If it isn't paranormal (I hope not), it sounds just like a book I'll read.
    Thanks for commenting at my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this sounds good! I'll be on the look-out for this one in February!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, thanks for dropping by and commenting on my WOW!

    This book sounds absolutely enchanting! I'm sure it will be a bit emotional as well, but it's got "happy ending" written all over it, not to mention a positively magical premise!!

    It's going right into my TBR pile!! Like NOW.

    Thanks for the recommendation!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. DJL- It does sound good, can't wait.

    Traci- Thanks, for stopping by.

    Kim- Thanks, for commenting.

    June G- I love the cover too!

    Brodie- You have a point there about the element.

    sugarpeach- You too! thanks!

    Little Miss Becky- Glad you came by.

    Maria Behar- Oh, you're welcome, can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one looks super intersting! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete