Monday, August 22, 2011

The Help - The Movie


The Help - The Movie

I went to see The Help, over the week-end and loved it. It was better than I thought it would be, having not read the book as of yet, but heard a lot about it. These women who were abused and often scared to even use the bathroom in the house they were working in ,to me they were brave souls to come out and speak about it during that time.Skeeter, who was the writer of the book really understood their plight ,having had a maid herself growing up. The strength and endurance they had after working all day and then going home to their families, often having to walk if they missed their bus.The movie was well done and you felt both sadness and admiration for them.It's worth seeing.

7 comments:

  1. I loved the movie too. You need to read the book now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the movie, but thought the book was a little better! You really should read the book there is slight differences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking forward to seening this movie, I loved the book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the movie, I haven't read the book as it is not my genre but it is my kind of movie to watch.

    Minny was my favourite character.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book is just as wonderful! Glad you enjoyed the movie so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the movie as much as I loved the book. I may even see this movie again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bermudaonion- Yes, I am dying to read it.

    fredamus- There is always changes when a movie is made.

    Anne-Then you will definitely like the movie.

    Marce- Mine too!

    ReplyDelete