Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday


Waiting On Wednesday

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to read" selection is:

A train In Winter (hardcover)

By : Caroline Moorehead

Pub.Date: 11-08-2011

384 pgs.


In Jan.1943, two hundred and thirty women of the French resistance were sent to death camps by the Nazis who had invaded and occupied their country. This is their story , told in full for the first time- a searing and unforgettable chronicle of terror, courage, defiance and the power of friendship to transcend evil that is an essential addition to the history of ww11.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by! This sounds really interesting, great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good. Have you read The Book Thief?

    Here is my Wednesday post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a heartbreaking read, is it connected with Vel d'Hiv?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by. This sounds amazing. Great WOW pick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great cover! I'm loving all the WWII books. Such an interesting period.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I love all WWII books, I should be buying it in Novemeber!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can imagine this would be a difficult read given the subject

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like it would be an interesting read. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cover of this one! Sounds good---I love reading WWII stories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Traci, Jill, Penelope- Thanks! for coming by.

    Kristin-No, I haven't.

    Mari- I don't know.

    Rebecca- Thank-you for stopping by.

    Kay- yes, it is.

    Melannie- That's great.

    bookdout- I shall see.

    Christy- thanks!

    Little Miss Becky- Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, this is the kind of book I usually enjoy reading!

    ReplyDelete