Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mailbox Monday

Mailbox Monday

This week I received three books in the mail:

1.Heart of The Matter by Emily Giffin
383 pgs Published by St Martin's Press

This is the moving, luminous story of good people caught in untenable circumstances. Each being tested in ways they never thought possible. Each questioning everything they once believed. and each ultimately discovering what truly matter most.

2.The Confessions of Catherine de Medici by C.W. Gortner
418 pgs Published by Ballantie books

Relying on her tenacity,wit, and uncanny gift for compromise, Catherine seizes power, intent on securing the throne for her sons, unaware that if she is to save France, she may have to sacrifice her ideals, her reputation, and the secret of her embattled heart.

3. Grip by Nina Hamberg
269 pgs Published by Roue One Press

This honest and elegantly written memoir grapples with the question that haunts many women who have experienced violence: How do you make the world safe so that you can trust and love again?

12 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about the Gortner book. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too hear only raves about Gortner's books -- enjoy it -- can't wait to see what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed Confessions, hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by the spotlight...I will send you a questionnaire tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the Gortner book as part of a virtual book tour and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to reading Confessions of Catherine de Medici
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Heart of the Matter...a fave author of mine...Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These all look really great, although I admit that Confessions is already on my to-buy list! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary, Audra, Jenny Q, Staci, Julie- Thanks!

    Meg, Cozy In Texas- that's good to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love especially love to read the Emily Griffin novel, but they all loo pretty terrific to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. DC Mertoreader- they do sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always neat to see books by authors new to me.
    Enjoy your reading! And Thanks for visiting me.:-)

    ReplyDelete