Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Brenda Youngerman featured Tribute Books Mama in her Tuesday Spotlight

Brenda Youngerman
July 19, 2011

Tuesday's Spotlight - Tribute Books Mama

by Brenda Youngerman

Sunset Silhouette of Mom and Boy Along Coast
Buy This Allposters.com

Welcome to Tuesday's spotlight. This is where I get the pleasure of introducing a blogger I have discovered along my travels along the blogosphere, either through a hop, or a review, or by accidental key punch error. This weeks guest is Mary Ann Langan - usually referred to as Tribute Books Mama. Mary Ann's daughter Nicole is the owner of Tribute Books - hence the title of the blog - Tribute Books Mama. I honestly cannot remember how or when I met her, but I've been following her for a while, so I decided to turn the spotlight onto the Tribute Books Mama and share her with all of you. So, pull up a chair and enjoy our visit:

BWS tips button


How long have you been blogging?

Since October 2010

Why did you start blogging?

In order to help my daughter promote her business, Tribute Books.

How many blogs do you have?

One

How did you learn to blog?

My daughter taught me basically from scratch. She has a lot of patience with me. Before I started I didn't even know how to send an email, now I'm able to post on a daily basis, participate in Linky memes, add video and photos to my posts, etc.

What is the hardest part about running a blog for a business?

The hardest thing is keeping the material fresh and interesting while trying to spread the word about the Tribute Books titles that are available for sale.

How much time a day/week do you spend blogging?

I spend at least 5 hours a day, Monday through Friday.

Do you find that a blog has increased business?

I don't know if my efforts have increased our bottom line in terms of profits, but I think I've helped get our name out in the book blogging community so that more people are aware of our existence and what we have to offer.

What is your least favorite part about blogging?

Coming up with a unique twist to a meme question.

What advice would you give to someone who is about to start a blog?

Don't be afraid. Jump right in. Give it a try. Persistence pays off, so blog on a frequent basis. Let people get to know you. A professionally designed blog helps.

What do you normally post on your blog?

Book reviews, book giveaways, TV reviews, movie reviews

What draws you to a new blog?

If I share the same reading tastes as the book blogger or if we are close in age (over 60)

How do you get new followers?

Participation in memes

Anything you would like to add?

I have a special place in my heart for all those who follow my blog and care about what I have to say. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment