Thursday, June 16, 2011

Minding Frankie by Maeve Binchy Review


Minding Frankie by Maeve Binchy Review

I always loved reading Maeve Binchy's books and this one was no exception. It was a story of sadness, hope and joy as Noel, a single struggling young man with a drinking problem, finds out he is going to be a father. As he gets word from a former flame that she is pregnant with his child and is terminally ill with cancer, she begs him to take the child after she is gone. He does so reluctantly and finds it takes a village to help him to take care of the baby. As each one in his life friends and family helps him out, he struggles to better himself and joins AA to rid himself of his demons. A nosey social worker, tries to take the baby from him, saying he is not capable but to no avail. He loves the baby and tries his hardest to keep her. It is a very heart-warming story which I enjoyed so much.

All in all: If you love Maeve Binchy's books you are in for a treat of a good and relaxing type of a read.

5 comments:

  1. I love Maeve Binchy! I can't wait to read Minding Frankie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been years since I've read a Maeve Binchy book, but they're always a delight when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger at my first comment grrr. I have not read Maeve in years, my mom is a big fan. Nice to meet you over at Cheryl's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of her books, but this sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg- Enjoy it.

    Bermudaonion- Yes, they are!

    Nise'- Thanks!

    Yvonne- It's a nice read.

    ReplyDelete