Monday, May 16, 2011

Water For Elephants-Movie


Water For Elephants

I saw the movie version of this book over the week-end, and after comparing both have to say the movie kept pretty much to the book. The background story for Marlena was changed, but most of the other parts stayed pretty much the same. it depicts the circus life in the 30's and how the struggle to keep a small circus going. Some of the abuses that went on with both the animals and workers was really bad. The owner and ringmaster, I thought was cleverly cast. Robert Pattinson, I thought did well in the part, seeing him not in his familiar vampire role.

5 comments:

  1. I saw the film and thought it was okay, but honestly I think Robert Pattinson is a horrible actor.
    I think fans of The Notebook will enjoy this film, minus the animal abuse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they did a good job with the movie. Glad to see you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the movie. I also thought they did a good job with keeping with the book. I thought Pattinson was awful in the Twilight movies. This role seemed better for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the book, but haven't had a chance to read it yet. I've seen the movie previews, but didn't want to see the movie before reading the book. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fredamus-Thanks! for commenting on the movie.

    Amused- I was surprised, they did a pretty good job with the movie.

    Anne-Yes, he was good in this role.

    Susanne Drazic- Oh, definitely read the book, before you see the movie.

    ReplyDelete