Monday, May 9, 2011

MAILBOX MONDAY- Here Come The Girls by Milly Johnson


I received Here Come The Girls by Milly Johnson from Simon & Schuster.

Ven, Roz, Olive and Frankie have been friends since school. They daydreamed of glorious futures, full of riches, romance and fabulous jobs.The world would be their oyster.
Twenty- five years later, Olive cleans other people's houses to support her lazy, out of work husband and his ailing mother. Roz cannot show her kind, caring partner Manus any love because her philandering ex has left her trust in shreds.And she and Frankie have fallen out big time.
But Ven is determined to reunite her friends and realize the dream they had of taking a cruise by the time they hit forty. But can blue skies, hot sun and sixteen days of luxury and indulgence distract from the tension and loneliness that awaits their return.

13 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! I hope you enjoy this one, I usually love Milly's writing style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun book. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here Comes the Girls looks like a fun chick lit read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, your book looks like a nice read. I have a friend with whom I have been friends from highschool, we always wanted to take a trip like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read anything by this author but this is exactly the kind of book I like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a cute book :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a good read! Another one for my wishlist (sigh)....

    So many books, so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jules, Anna, Beth- Thanks! for coming by.

    Bermudaonion- It does sound like a cute read.

    Metroreader- Looks like fun.

    Irene- Sounds like a nice idea.

    Darlene, Mary- Glad you came by.

    Julie P- You are so right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Covers like this immediately put me in mind of girly, summertime fun! It sounds like a very enjoyable book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie- the cover is very girly, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Milly Johnson is one of those authors I've always wanted to read! I hope you like this one.

    ReplyDelete