Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - Top 10 Bookish Pet Peeves (Rewind)

Top Ten Bookish Pet Peeves

1. Having to return a library book within 2 weeks when someone else is next on the wait list for it.
2. Books that are 900 pages long that could have been written in 300-400 pages.
3. Books that copy off the success of other books.
4. Books that are hyped just because of who the author is and not necessarily because they are good books.
5. Books in a series where you have to wait years for the next installment.
6. Books that have two many insignificant characters that you can't keep track of all of their names and where they fit in.
7. Books that aren't a satisfying read and you feel like you've wasted your time reading them.
8. Unexplainable book twists that leave you scratching your head, wondering where in the heck that came from.
9. Authors who try to write in a self-important manner by spending three paragraphs describing the sky - get to the point!
10. Books that take 100 pages before they actually get going.

9 comments:

  1. Love your list. I totally agree with all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great List! I really do hate when books get hyped because of the author....it really has to be my biggest pet peeve!!


    I did Fictional Crushes - but it won't let me link so stop by the blog if you want to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your list is the list of all lists. Fabulous! AND I agree (if you can't already tell).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your list. I agree pretty much with all of them. :) I also do not like when there is a close familiarity between characters who just met or cheesy dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can sympathize with #2 & #10. That's what my recently finished read felt like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say that I really, really dislike books that feel like a waste of time. Very disappointing.

    Nice list of peeves!

    Here's my post for Top Ten Tuesday, a list of the books that most intimidate me.

    And I'll be part of the Easter Eggstravaganza Blog Hop Giveaway that begins tomorrow. I hope you will stop by my blog and enter my giveaways to try to win some great prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oo I definitely agree with #3. The number of Twilight ripoffs out there right now makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list and I totally agree with many of them. :) 4 really drives me nutters especially when the author's name is bigger than the title! Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anne- Thanks!

    Me myself and I- Mine too!

    Alexis- Thanks! for commenting.

    Books for learning, Kah Woei-I agree .

    Deb Nance- So do I.

    casey- You're right.

    DJL- thanks! for coming by.

    ReplyDelete