Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - So Much Pretty

Here is my teaser from So Much Pretty by Cara Hoffman (Pages 87-88):

I feel sometimes that in little places like Haeden, it meant something when someone gave you their word. And I did feel that there were salt-of-the-earth people waiting for someone to put the facts together so they could do the right thing, but maybe they were too tired to follow through. And that the builders who asked me out, and who I rejected, and the ladies my age pushing strollers or talking to one another at the Savers Club, were okay, were doing what I couldn't abide by, which was just to live, not dig, not achieve, but live.

This is a heartbreak I do not like to admit to. That there were times I wanted something they had. And I was caught off guard by the shock of learning what it takes for regular people to be at peace in their homes, in their communities. I was thrown, entirely thrown, by the price of their quiet lives, their contentment.

15 comments:

  1. I have seen this one but want to read a few reviews on it. This is a thriller correct?

    My TT is here.

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday-left-neglected.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely adding this book to my TBR list. Good teaser!!
    Be sure to check out mine, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting teaser. Very emotional....

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a thriller? I'd never have guessed that. It sounds to heartbroken.

    My teaser this week is from ‘Reunion in Death’ by J.D. Robb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the last part best.

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is the price? Sounds interesting. So what is the genre for this book?

    Here's my Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a solid community to live in, but what's the catch?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a read I'd enjoy. So have listed it on my TBR . Thanks for stopping by my Teaser Tuesday this week.

    http://sooozsaysstuff.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday-for-april-5th-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful teaser! So down-to-earth - love it!!! Got me thinking and wanting to check out this book. Thanks for sharing.

    My teaser can be found at Pineapples & Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, great teaser. I agree, there is a price for having the seemingly quiet, perfect suburban life. I wonder what the narrator does, to feel so out of place.

    My TT this week is from The Fires of Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is a book I highlighed on my blog last month but haven't had a chance to read! Thank you for teasing it and reminding me! I really like the writing style; I'll definitely have to pick this up. Thanks!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT--and hi from another PA resident!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book is in my wishlist. The teaser sounds great. I hope you're enjoying the book.
    кєяo's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa, it's a thriller? Your teaser sounds so reflective. I like the way it's written though. Must look it up. :)

    Thank you for dropping by my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marce- Yes, it is.

    Priya- Thanks!

    GMR- Glad you came by.

    Hott Books- Still reading, it is a thriller.

    Fredamus- I agree

    Shirley- It's a thriller, List Price $25 on Amazon.

    smellincoffee- It concerns two young girls deaths.

    Sooz- you too!

    Mlisame- thanks! for stopping by.

    Kah Woi- Yes, it does.Keisha- I'll let you know.

    A backwards story- You're welcome, stop again.

    Kero- thanks!

    Laya- Thanks! for stopping.

    ReplyDelete