Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - Safe Haven

Here is my teaser from Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks (Page 11):

With most of the work now behind her, she liked to sit on the front porch in the afternoons and read books she'd checked out from the library. Aside from coffee, reading was her only indulgence. She didn't have a television, a radio, a cell phone, or a microwave or even a car, and she could pack all her belongings in a single bag. She was twenty-seven years old, a former long-haired blond with no real friends. She'd moved here with almost nothing, and months later she still had little. She saved half of her tips and every night she folded the money into a coffee can she kept hidden in the crawl space beneath the porch. She kept that money for emergencies and would rather go hungry than touch it. Simply the knowledge that it was there made her breathe easier because the past was always around her and might return at any time. It prowled the world searching for her, and she knew it was growing angrier at every passing day.

10 comments:

  1. You gotta love Nicholas Sparks. Thanks for sharing.

    My Teaser is a little different and based on author Olivia Cunning who is over at my blog today giving away free books.

    Jessica @ Laugh Love Write

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful teaser! I will check it out. Every week my tbr pile keep getting longer!

    Here is my Teaser Tuesday: The Moving Finger by Agatha Christie post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his books!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica- glad you came by.

    Gautami tripathy- thanks, I know mine is getting that way too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser. I fogot I had this one on my tbr pile will have to get to it.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great teaser... someone reading instead of watching tv. :)

    Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser! This is a Nicholas Sparks novel I haven't yet read. How are you enjoying it?

    My Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting-- I haven't read many of his novels, but he does promote some interesting imagery!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    GraceKrispy@MotherLode blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. God, I wish I could save money like that - every spare dollar ends up in the bookstore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sally- Thanks! enjoy it.

    Wendi B- yes, it is nice to hear that.

    Shirley- Very much

    Grace Krispy- Yes, he does.

    Mardel- Books are worth spending money on.

    ReplyDelete