Monday, April 4, 2011

Mailbox Monday - The Weird Sisters

I received The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown from the Valley Community Library.

A major new talent tackles the complicated terrain of sisters, the power of books, and the places we decide to call home.

There is no problem that a library card can't solve.

The Andreas family is one of readers. Their father, a renowned Shakespeare professor who speaks almost entirely in verse, has named his three daughters after famous Shakespearean women. When the sisters return to their childhood home, ostensibly to care for their ailing mother, but really to lick their wounds and bury their secrets, they are horrified to find the others there. See, we love each other. We just don't happen to like each other very much. But the sisters soon discover that everything they've been running from-one another, their small hometown, and themselves-might offer more than they ever expected.

12 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this one. I'll be looking for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "no problem that a library card can't solve" statement. Amen! LOL

    Enjoy your book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is on my list - hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have been wanting to get a copy of The Weird Sisters - hope you love it!

    Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weird Sisters is a book that I also want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been so curious about this book. I'll have to use my library card too! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a wonderful book...I read it a while ago. Shared it with my sisters.

    I have a review on my blog if you want to see it.

    Stopping by from the linky on Passages To The Past.

    Elizabeth
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that quote--and the library

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this on my wish list. I look forward to your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to read this one! Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Caitlin, Kay- Me too!

    Mystica- Thanks! for stopping.

    Mary, Leslie- Glad you came by.

    R Ann, Wendi B, Beth- Thanks!

    Wrighty- That's a good idea.

    Elizabeth- Will do

    Lady Q- You too!

    ReplyDelete