Monday, April 11, 2011

Mailbox Monday - Safe Haven & The Iron Queen

I received Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks from the Valley Community Library.

When a mysterious young woman named Katie appears in the small North Carolina town of Southport, her sudden arrival raises questions about her past. Beautiful yet self-effacing, Katie seems determined to avoid forming personal ties until a series of events draws her into two reluctant relationships: one with Alex, a widowed store owner with a kind heart and two young children; and another with her plainspoken single neighbor, Jo. Despite her reservations, Katie slowly begins to let down her guard, putting down roots in the close-knit community and becoming increasingly attached to Alex and his family.

But even as Katie begins to fall in love, she struggles with the dark secret that still haunts and terrifies her . . . a past that set her on a fearful, shattering journey across the country, to the sheltered oasis of Southport. With Jo's empathic and stubborn support, Katie eventually realizes that she must choose between a life of transient safety and one of riskier rewards . . . and that in the darkest hour, love is the only true safe haven.



***

I received The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa from the Valley Community Library.

The New York Times Bestseller

My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.

11 comments:

  1. The Sparks book sounds like a good one. Have a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dying to get into the Iron series! Just need to find the time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so much about the Iron trilogy. I hope you really enjoy both your books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Sparks books but haven't gotten to it yet. I have heard the Iron Trilogy is good but haven't read any of them yet. I hope you enjoy both books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They both look good so I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmmm...Never heard of that Sparks novel!!! Must check it out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard both of these are good. Enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bermudaonion- Thank- You.

    Anna, Laura Fabiani, Mary- Thanks, for hopping.

    Kaye- You too!

    Audra- Time is always a challenge.

    Beth- Thanks! for commenting.

    Sarah- glad you stopped by.

    Leslie- Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haven't read these but I keep seeing the Iron Trilogy on so many blogs.

    Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete