Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - Imperfect Endings: A Daughter's Story of Love, Loss, and Letting Go

Here is my teaser from Imperfect Endings: A Daughter's Story of Love, Loss, and Letting Go by Zoe FitzGerald Carter (Page 2):

"Fine." Her irritation is palpable and for a moment there is silence. "So when can you call me back?"

I want to say never. I will never call her back if she insists on talking about killing herself. But I think of her lying alone in her big empty bed, of her dying alone because her daughters weren't willing to show up, and my petulance turns to shame.

"I'll call you tomorrow."

"Okay, sweetie." Her voice is cheerful again. "That would be great. Talk to you then."

14 comments:

  1. An interesting teaser, though this book doesn't sound like something I would like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mother sounds awfully manipulative, and the daughter understandably torn. Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Mom's not trying to guilt her or anything eh? I hope you're enjoying the read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a very sad story. See my tease here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, really sad and depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guilt. What a powerful emotion. Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, dilemma for the daughter. This book sounds kinda sad.
    Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, at first glance I thought it was the Twilight cover! Then I realized it's a cup of coffee and not an apple, hehe. Guilt-tripping moms... I can relate! Nice teaser!

    Thanks for dropping by mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a powerful teaser! I've never had to deal with my mother guilt tripping me quite this hard, but I can understand the daughter not wanting to deal with her mother's crazyness anymore.

    You can find my TT here: http://ksbooks.wordpress.com/2011/03/01/teaser-tuesday-33/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice teaser. What had made her not cheerful before? I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's a good teaser. Definitely piques my interest!

    Thanks for visiting Proud Book Nerd! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kaye- glad you stopped by.

    Heather, Shirley, Kah Woei, Playing Librarian- It's a sad subject.

    Alice Audrey, Reflections of a bookaholic,- Yes you're right, thanks!

    Corrine- Thank-you I am & half way through.

    Laya- I guess a lot of daughters can relate to this.

    KS books- I can too!

    Novroz- I'm still reading, thanks! for blogging.

    ham1299- Thanks! for sharing your comment.

    AJ Mitchell-You too!

    ReplyDelete