Monday, March 21, 2011

A Long Fatal Love Chase By Louisa May Alcott

This book is a suspense novel written by Louise May Alcott written in 1866. It was written two years before she wrote Little Women.

It captured my attention as it went on as Rosamond, a young girl is stalked by her so called husband, Tempest. He woos her into marrying him, and eventually she finds out his dark secrets, and runs away from him.

A two year hunt goes on and he finds her at every turn and he is enjoying the hunt. A priest, named Ignatius aids her and is loyal to her throughout.

The lengths she has to go through to rid herself of her stalker keeps you interested. This novel is definitely worth the read.

4 comments:

  1. How interesting to learn of this title from Louisa May Alcott. I've only read her 'children's books' such as Little Women, Little Men, Eight Cousins, etc. Thanks for sharing this one, it sounds wonderful, and thanks for visiting my Monday Mailbox today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it seems so different from what I would expect and I have never heard of this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this one ... I'm committing myself to classics this year (at least one a month). This one may need to go on that list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bellezza- You're welcome, thanks! for coming by.

    Alexis, Julie- Yes, it's worth reading.

    ReplyDelete