Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:




Faith: A Novel

by Jennifer Haigh
Publication date: May 10, 2011

Haigh's fourth novel powerfully explores themes of doubt and redemption within a devout Boston Irish family that has wrapped itself in a skein of silence and denial. As each member of this fiercely private clan is forced to confront the consequences of a public scandal, Haigh deftly untangles the years of long buried secrets that have allowed them to preserve their delusions and avoid painful truths.

17 comments:

  1. This was almost my pick this week, but I couldn't find a description! I loved THE CONDITION...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this scheduled for my pick next week, but this is the first time I've found a cover. It look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A superb pick! It looks great. Happy Reading :)
    Check out what I'm Waiting On Wednesday

    Mia @GrippedintoBooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds interesting. The cover is really unique. Love the pictures! I'm always up to try something different. I'll check it her other books first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm. I may have to check out her previous three books.
    Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't know that one!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard good things about Jennifer Haigh, and I think I'll give this a try, even though it's not really my style. It sounds interesting!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover immediately attracted me to this book! This does sound like it will be a good book. I haven't read the author's previous novels. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cover. Very unique.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Urban Girl Reader

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a good pick. Thank you for visiting my blog and happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the cover. It has this relaxing vibe to it. Good pick. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jill- Thanks! for stopping.

    Carisa, Deea, Audrey, Normadreader,- Glad you came by.

    Majanka & Mia & Sophia- Thank you !

    Julie- The pictures are great.

    Sally- thanks! for blogging.

    Sherri, Christy, DJL, Jessica- You too!

    Shon- your welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds really interesting. I found you on Wow but am staying to follow.
    bethfred.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never seen this before.
    I like the color of the cover.

    ReplyDelete