Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - The Human Bobby

Here is my teaser from The Human Bobby by Gabe Rotter (Page 5):

We actually don't even look like homeless guys. We wash our clothes often. We shower daily down by the beach where most people just wash the sand off their feet. I'm much thinner than I was when I was a normal denizen of society, and my beard is longer and grayer, but aside from that, I don't think you'd know I was homeless unless I told you so. What I'm trying to say is, I'm not one of those homeless wack jobs, running around in my own filth talking to myself or screaming at the sky. Trust me, I know wack jobs. My father, though he wasn't homeless, was pretty much off his rocker, so I'm pretty sensitive about avoiding that fate at all costs.

I'm just a normal guy. With no home.

6 comments:

  1. This is the most interesting teaser I've seen yet today. I've got to look into this one.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really has me wondering why he is homeless. I know not every homeless person is crazy, but that's the common perception and he is trying so hard to prove himself different, something interesting must be going on!

    You can find my TT here: http://ksbooks.wordpress.com/2011/02/15/teaser-tuesday-31/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes you wonder why he is homeless? Underemployed? Addictions? Lost his business, his home, his family? Could be a number of things. Interesting tease.

    Mine is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why doesn't he have home? Is this a true story?
    Your teaser really makes me curious

    ReplyDelete
  5. gautami tripathy- Thanks! for hopping by.

    Arlee Bird- Thanks! for commenting & coming by.

    Ks Books- Yes! I think it will be very interesting.

    Shirley- Yes ,it is , thanks! for stopping.

    Novroz- Stay tuned for my review.

    ReplyDelete