Monday, February 28, 2011

Mailbox Monday - Imperfect Endings: A Daughter's Story of Love, Loss, and Letting Go

I received for review Imperfect Endings: A Daughter's Story of Love, Loss, and Letting Go by Zoe FitzGerald Carter from Simon & Schuster.

Zoe Carter’s busy life on the West Coast with her husband and daughters takes an unexpected detour when her glamorous, independent-minded mother, Margaret, tired of living with Parkinson’s disease, decides she wants to “end things.” As Zoe and her sisters negotiate over whether or not they should support Margaret’s choice and who should be there at the end, their discussions stir up old alliances and animosities, along with memories of a childhood dominated by their elegant mother and philandering father. Capturing the stresses and the joys of the “sandwich generation” while bringing a provocative new perspective to the assisted suicide debate, Imperfect Endings is the uplifting story of a woman determined to die on her own terms and the family who has to learn to let her go.

14 comments:

  1. Great mailbox !! I hadn't heard of this one until now and the blurb sounds really good !! I really like the cover too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds interesting, but I'm not sure it would be uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, that sounds really good, albeit a little depressing...

    If you like, you can see my views on euthanasia in this review: http://devouringtexts.blogspot.com/2011/02/devouring-tv-you-dont-know-jack.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this sounds like a great book...it's going on my wish list.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a good book, but I'll bet it will be a heavy read.

    Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always find that you have the most original books in your mailbox.

    This one sounds like a keeper.
    Enjoy the read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I think this one would make me cry a ton. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a nice cover and title (both of which always draw me in!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, that really sounds like a good one. Thanks for introducing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elodie- It's really good so far, I'm in the middle of it right now.

    Brandileigh- Thanks! I am so far.

    Bermudaonion- no, the subject matter is not.

    Laura- yes, it is a little depressing.

    Laurel-Rain-Snow- Thanks! for stopping.

    Wendi B- yes, it is.

    Aisle B- thank you so much.

    Crystal- So far so good.

    Jennifer, snapshot- the cover is nice and inviting.

    Ms. Dawn- Thanks! for commenting.

    Mystica- thanks! for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary- Yes, it's a depressing subject

    ReplyDelete