Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Let Me In - The Movie

This movie is based on a Swedish film, Let The Right One In and a novel of the same name. It tells the story of a twelve year old boy who has a strong friendship with a vampire girl. She lives in the same apartment building with her "father," who has to go out constantly and kill people to obtain blood to feed her. Owen, the boy, is being bullied in school. His connection with Abbey, the vampire girl, becomes stronger as she becomes his friend. Owen eventually finds out about her but it doesn't bother him, because she will not harm him.You will see how their friendship holds firm even after all the bullying and killings. An amazing story.

6 comments:

  1. just saw this! i give it two thumbs up ... great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the book a couple of years ago. I was so disturbed by the story, but so in awe of the writing and the technique. I haven't yet seen the movie...I'm afraid it won't be as good as the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like one of the scariest movies ever. I saw Paranormal Activity 2 and have not been able to sleep ever since. Secrets out... I sleep with the night light ON!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i recently watched and reviewed this movie. i liked the English movie but i'm not sure if i want to watch the original film.. i read it was really dark and disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ev- I agree

    Jennifer- I didn't read the book.

    AisleB- I don't think this was as scary as Paranormal Activity.

    Iamjenai- it is

    Nic- Yes, it's a good movie.

    ReplyDelete