Thursday, February 17, 2011

Booking Through Thursday



What’s the most romantic book you’ve ever read?

(Mind you, I don’t mean the hard-core stuff you hide in plain wrappers under your mattress. I mean True Love, Romance, deeply emotional, heart-tugging, and all that stuff.)

And, secondly, did you like it? Is it your usual kind of reading, or did it take you by surprise?

***

I don't know if they are my favorite couple in all of literature, but the ending of One Day by David Nicholls really made me stop and think about the power of a true connection. It was a searing observation of treasuring every moment.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming film adaptation starring Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess.

10 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm a new follower! Anne hathaway and jim sturgess!! love them both, i hope they have good on-screen chemistry together!

    check out my blog (im a new blogger!) for a chance to win a signed bookmark by author Tera Lynn Childs of the forgive my fins series!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to buy this book a while ago and I stupidly flicked through it and read the end - it really put me off. I may watch the film though because I love Anne Hathaway.
    Sally.
    Here's my answer:
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/02/booking-through-thursday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't read much romance, but I'm looking forward to this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was actually a difficult question for me. I just couldn't choose one. Check out my answer for this week's Booking Through Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not know the book you mention but I'll search.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't come across this one before. thanks for stopping by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmmm...might have to check this one out. Thank you for visiting my place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard if this book before, but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sally, Bev Hankins, the social frog, Pepca-
    thanks a lot for commenting.

    Lindsay Cummings- I did stop by your blog,thanks for coming by.

    Bermudaonion- hope you like the book.

    Lori- It is hard to just pick one.

    Paula- glad you hopped by.

    Cmash- thank you to for coming by.

    ReplyDelete