Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - The Note

Here is my teaser from The Note by Angela Elwell Hunt (Page 6):

As the people around him fumbled to obey the flight attendants, he pulled a sheet of paper from his coat pocket and scribbled a message. Glancing out the window again, he saw the blue of the water and felt a flash of inspiration. Digging in another pocket, he produced a plastic bag, then tucked the note inside and secured the seal.

Smiling, he looked up at the pale stewardess standing in the aisle, her mouth a small, tight hyphen. "Sorry," he said, noticing that everyone around him had already bent forward to prepare for an emergency landing. "I wanted to take care of something. I'm sure we'll be all right, so tonight I'll laugh and give this to my–"

He never finished his sentence. A spark from the fuselage ignited the fuel vapors, and Flight 848 exploded. At 6:33 p.m., pieces of the plane began to rain down into the waters of Tampa Bay.

Among the shards and debris was a note.




12 comments:

  1. Oh my! Looks like a very intense book! Thanks for sharing this teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh woah, thats very sad. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a great teaser. Thanks for visiting me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This teaser was kind of sad. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic teaser! I want to read the note.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser...
    You always write more tha two sentences ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds like a great on-the-edge-of-your-seat thriller! Thanks for stopping by blog. I love your header!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great teaser! I feel sorry for the folks on the plane, but I loved the description of the thin line of the stewardess' lips!
    Thanks for visiting my teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder what was in the note!

    Thanks for dropping by my teaser! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. selfcentered,Shelly Munro, Samita, AliceAudrey, Bokunosekai, Julie, Deepali, Laya

    Thanks! for responding

    ReplyDelete
  11. With the significant, growing interest in a MBA education since 2006, it is important to sketch a profile of these new candidates. It proves helpful to understand who these candidates are, what they are looking for, and what can they anticipate upon graduation.

    ReplyDelete